CPAP CONSULTATION TIMES:
MON: 9:30AM – 4:00PM
TUES: 9:30AM – 4:00PM
WED: 9:30AM – 4:00PM
THUR: 9:30AM – 4:00PM
FRI: 9:30AM – 4:00PM
Bookings are essential
Did you know you can contact one of our CPAP specialists directly via email?
- Hire and sale of CPAP equipment, servicing Lismore, Ballina and the Northern Rivers
- Our Registered Nurses are specialists in Fisher & Paykel sleep apnoea machines and masks and are available to assist you with your CPAP needs in our confidential consultation room
- CPAP set up and pressure changing (on presentation of prescription)
- Professional Advice and After Sales Service
- Hire with the Option to Buy
- Take advantage of our easy payment plans.
Call, email or speak to one of our friendly staff to book a FREE consultation with one of our CPAP nurses.
Hire is for one month:
Hire fee $50
Hire includes machine ONLY.
Masks will need to be purchased at time of hiring the machine.
If the equipment is purchased at the end of the hire both the deposit and the hire fee is deducted from the price.
DO YOU SNORE? ARE YOU TIRED?
What is Sleep Apnoea?
Obstructive sleep apnoea is present when the airway at the back of the mouth repeatedly partly or completely obstructs during sleep. Your breathing is reduced or may stop altogether. The oxygen level then falls and you wake up briefly to start breathing again. These episodes may happen many times across a night. Fortunately, good treatments are available and help patients to lead a normal, active life.
Untreated Sleep Apnoea can lead to:
- Increased risk for stroke
- Increased risk for heart attack
- High blood pressure
- Increased risk of Type 2 diabetes
- Loss of licence
- Increased risk of car accidents
- Decrease in short term memory
- Weight gain
- Chronic Headaches
Symptoms of Sleep Apnoea
- Increased risk for stroke
- Tossing & turning
- Witnessed apnoeas
- Suddenly waking during the night
- Gasping or choking at night
- Tiredness during the day
- Morning headaches
- Needing to go to the toilet more than once in a night
Take the EPWORTH sleep test – Click Here
CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure)
CPAP is a safe and effective method of treating sleep apnoea. It uses an air pump and a mask to blow pressurised air into the throat to hold the airway open. A humidifier is built into the machine to maintain moisture and reduce side effects. When used effectively CPAP starts to treat sleep apnoea straight away with the full effect occurring within 8-12 months. If you stop using CPAP, the sleep apnoea will come back. Before starting CPAP therapy, you need to have a sleep test to confirm the presence of sleep apnoea. Your GP can refer you to a sleep lab for testing. If you would like more information about our machines or masks, please see the Fisher & Paykel PDFs below or contact one of our lovely CPAP specialists today!